The Dovetail is the new passive Mid-Side stereo encoder from Glen Glenn Audio.
The Dovetail accepts mic or line level input from two microphone sources. One of your mics must be in the figure-8 polar pattern. The other mic can be in just about any polar pattern, but we suggest omnidirectional for the most open and transparent stereo image. The Dovetail outputs a true L/R stereo image.
Unlike powered Mid-Side encoders The Dovetail can be placed before or after your favorite microphone preamplifiers in your signal chain. Versatility is the goal.
Mid-Side stereo is a beautiful image in applications where you want to capture some of your room’s natural reverb.
Call: (775) 453-6829
Switch: switches between MS and XY
TRS 1/4″ (2)
XLR (Mid+Side, Mid-Side or L/R in XY mode)
TRS 1/4″ (Mid+Side, Mid-Side or L/R in XY mode)
- Hand made in Sacramento, California
- Quality Jensen Transformers (made in U.S.A.)
- Completely shielded from radio interference
- Custom made from reclaimed redwood
- 4X5X7 inches, 10.16X12.70X17.78 cm (not including switch and rubber feet)
- mic or line level input, no power required, passes 48V (through Direct outs), sounds great!